Modern women have become busier than ever. They manage household duties, responsibilities of the children and full-time office work all by themselves. Cars have become an integral part of modern women’s lifestyle. Nowadays, women need their own vehicles and thus maintenance of the car or learning to take care of their own vehicle become imperative for them. Cars help them to mobilize swiftly amongst different places any time. Car service helps to keep the car in smooth running condition. All female owners need to keep some points in mind in terms of car servicing.
Few useful car servicing tips:
- Periodical servicing of oil: Changing the car fluids, especially the oil is important criteria for the car service. Getting the servicing done for your engine oil can be a good idea. Contaminated fluids or improperly topped engine oil can lead to engine malfunctioning, which will lead to a breakdown of your vehicle. As your engine runs for 4000-5000 miles, get your car fluids checked and replaced as soon as you can. This will maintain the health of your car.
- Go by the instruction manual: As soon as you get your hands on a new vehicle, you must notice that a standard instruction manual comes along from the manufacturer’s side. Treat this manual as the bible of your vehicle maintenance. The manual contains several maintenance instructions and car service information. Learn them well, as these can be immensely helpful for you in order to keep your car functional.
- Periodical checking of brakes and batteries: Get your car batteries checked by professional auto mechanics, each time you get your oil changed. Battery checking is usually free of cost or at very low rates. Hence, be assured you can afford it. Worn out batteries can give you a hard time if you are running on a busy schedule. So, make sure you replace them or get them serviced whenever the need occurs.
Checking the car brakes is another important factor. Inspecting the brakes periodically will result in early detection of brakes related issues and timely repair will ensure the brakes don’t go wrong. It is a matter of safety so do not take it lightly.
- Change old wipers: New wipers can cost you maximum up to five dollars, which anyone can afford. It is also an important part of car service. Tattered wipers can give you much trouble in poor weather conditions. Change wipers annually to make sure you get a clear vision when it rains or snows.
- Get your headlights checked: Headlights must be fully functional to offer you a clear view of what is ahead of you. These also work as signals to other drivers and pedestrians. Hence, it is important that your car be fitted with the strong well-lit headlights. These grow feeble with time and breaks easily. So, you must get them checked and replaced regularly to avoid any accidents.
Most women car owners complain that they are charged more and illegitimately by the auto mechanics. The occurrence of such complaints are quite frequent. Nevertheless, those who know their vehicle and related issues well cannot be deceived. Here are few tips that any female car owner can find useful to negotiate the car servicing prices:
- Always trust an ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified mechanic for your vehicle related issues. They offer their expert services at very fair price deals.
- Many applications help vehicle owners to get an estimate of how much their car repair services may cost. All you need to do is fill in your car related details. Use such applications to get a fare estimate for your car service and negotiate with your mechanic accordingly.